Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SUPERPOWER DAY


I have been granted a superpower for the day!  It can be anything I want it to be, but it is just for this day!  So many choices…I could say I want the ability to heal things, but I am thinking that would take more than one day.  I could say I want to ability to lift heavy objects….Lord knows I have lots of stuff that needs to be moved!  I could say I want the ability to make money, but it only last one day. 

The list could go on and on…but I think if I had one superpower for the day I want the ability to make people BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES and their own abilities.   I figure this has last effects…even if the power goes away.  People will remember what that feels like and always and evermore strive to get it back. 

Believing in yourself is never permanent…but once you have experienced it you always seek to maintain that feeling!  It makes us TRY and TRY HARDER!  Effort is all that can be ask of anyone or anything! 

In many cases…effort does NOT equal outcome but somehow effort seems to enhance our self-esteem.  If we know we tried…if we know we gave our best then we can let go of crappy outcomes.  We then learn to take it one moment at a time.  A friend always reminds that we have to take it one set of numbers at a time with the diabetes.  Don’t look ahead and don’t look back.  This moment, this time, this choice at this exact moment is all we truly have power over! 

It is never going to be perfect we can only TRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment