Saturday, July 22, 2017

Lessons From Bravo Part 3 Starting To Awaken

Driving home I had a huge urge to just RUN.  For me that means DRIVE LIKE HELL....to where no place in particular...but move.  At that point I was thinking mountains...didnt care where just MOUNTAINS.  The faster the better.  I came home and threw my crap in a bag and decided it was also time that Skeeter ( a rescue chessie I had fostered for a few weeks) out of my house.  I got ahold of the ACC coordinator and she was going to have her husband meet me half way between Boise and Salt Lake. My original plan was to break north and hit Craters of the moon/Sundance area.

As usual my plans are subject to change at a moments notice..especially if my "spidey senses" flair.  My nephew, Nathan and my friend Eric jokingly refer to me as the Big Boob Lady in The Simpson's Movie ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjfHnCjy3Pc).  I fly by those spidey senses ALOT.I threw my bag, Bravo, Totem, Bruin, Ava, and Skeeter in the truck and headed north.  Kristi took the others with her.  

My phone was going NUTS.....Facebook lit up, private messages, and calls started to roll in.  All I could reply was Thank You No Words....Can't Talk. I meant no harm. I wasn't trying to reject anyones friendship or good intentions.  I literally COULDN'T TALK.  I had NO WORDS.  

We got to about the Idaho/UT border and again that Voice in my head went off.  "Go To Eric's and GO TO THE RIVER. "  Dear Lord do I not have enough to worry about without going crazy as well?   Hearing voices, can't talk, no words.  I will be honest here.  Had Ava and Bruin and Skeeter not been in that truck I am not sure what I would have done.  For me...unlike most people death does not frighten me.  Not in a huge hurry to get there but IMHO....there are a hell of a lot worse things than dying most of them involve people and the medical field.  Death only hurts those of us still living...it relieves those suffering. I am not here to argue afterlife...just my humble thoughts.

Ava, poor thing was exhausted and had fallen asleep.  I presented her with the options.  She said she wanted to see Idaho and go to Eric's.  Well out of the mouth of babes!  If you can call I 84 seeing Idaho......insert eye roll!  We dropped Skeeter off in Twin Falls and he was off on his journey to a new home.  Ava and I continued on west. When we got there I got the hug and the words I needed to hear and off to the river we went.  As we turned onto the dirt road I swear I heard from the backseat Bravo squealing in anticipation of water, birds, training...didn't matter it was gonna be a good time.  We dumped the pack and let them swim and swim and swim and swim.  Bravo LOVED the river.........the river was always a good time!

The next day while driving back I saw a little sign that said "Malad Gorge"  near Gooding, ID.  I have drove that road many times and I don't think I have once saw that sign. But since Ava was with I figured lets check it out.  I will say it is one hell of a big crack that if you are scared of heights or have vertigo I wouldn't walk out on that lil bridge.

















See the Big Bridge .....the lil one is right below it!



THE BRIDGE......Notice Her holding on!




At the very last spot inside the Gorge there is a spot where you walk out about 200 yards and get a picture of the massive valley that the Gorge dumps into.  While we were walking out I observed a creature ahead of us sort of sauntering along.  Ava was to busy worrying about snakes to see what I saw.  I wasn't sure exactly what it was...but I thought it was a gopher...but it sure wasnt in a hurry.  In fact he walked along rather slowly in front of us.  I kept trying to get a picture but it would duck out of way.


We are standing and looking out..watching all sorts of birds landing on the  ledges.  I kept peeking over to find Mr Gopher.  All of the sudden I hear the Screech of a Hawk right over my head.  I do mean right over my head maybe 30 feet up.  It screeched a few times as it flew on by...I turned to follow him in the sky and see 2 more hawks very close by and another just over a bit.  One of the hawks was just learning to fly while a older one was supervising.  I teared up and said to Ava "I know why I had to come to the River"  In some Native circles the gopher represents searching.  And the hawk is a messenger...a spirit messenger.  I said to Ava...."IT IS OK....BRAVO IS LEARNING TO FLY!"

Lessons from Bravo.....very simple TAKE YOUR WINGS AND FLY! IN SPITE OF ALL OBSTACLES WE CAN ALWAYS FLY IF WE CHOOSE TO!

Bravo I am not yet in that form but I promise you buddy....I WILL CHOOSE TO ALWAYS FLY!

My heart still aches...I still have few words. I still would rather be alone because my fuse is short but now I KNOW he flies beside me!

3 comments:

  1. He will always be beside you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words of comfort, but want you to know I hear you. Maybe when I need you to, you will hear me also. Andrea

    ReplyDelete