Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I write about my health because...


I write about my health and health related issues for a couple of reasons. 

The first reason is because if I write about it, it keeps my focus on doing what I need to do.  If I don’t keep it at the forefront of my mind it easy to get lax and let things slide.  Trust me, I would LOVE to just not have to keep anything health related at the forefront of my thoughts.   There are plenty of others things that interest me more than my health. 

The second reason I write is because if maybe, just maybe something I say will help others!  It never ceases to amaze me how un educated people truly are about diabetes!  It never ceases to amaze me how that same lack of education applies to dogs!  I guess I can understand it easier in animals that I can with health issues.  I mean the diabetic health industry is making BILLIONS off of those of us that have diabetes… the less we know the more money they make!  In animals it is easier…because a lot of folks have never seen an animal as anything more than a pet!

I would also hope that by sharing the good and the bad that others learn not only from my successes but also from my failures.  Diabetes is disease of trial and error…what works for me may not work for you and visa versa.  Sometimes when chatting with others they mention something very helpful, knowledge that they take for granted maybe something I don’t know!  Sometimes it could be something as simple as a low carb snack that I hadn’t thought off, while other times it could be more complex things like how to handle a bolus for pizza!

In my humble opinion knowledge and real life experience should always be shared as much as possible!

1 comment: