Monday, June 7, 2010

Well You don’t See This Every Day

 

IMG_3532

 

Bravo is now officially Fetch Express Bravo Zula SH RN NJ!  Hopefully, this year we will add CD and AJ.  I could dream and hope for QAA but I don’t see that happening this year, but it is fun to dream. 

I have said this before but none of these ribbons or titles hold a candle to when he alerts for a low blood sugar!  The thing is that it is only because of that ability that I am able to compete at these other venues.  I love being outside, I love Hunt Tests and Field Trials, I love hunting, I love Splash Dogs and Dock Jumping, I love working with Intermountain Therapy Animals, and I love doing agility…………but I could do none of that without Bravo.  Not just because it takes a dog to do these things, but because he allows me to have a more full life because of his alerts!  There was a time not to long ago when I thought I was going to have to give all of those things up because of the diabetes and the low blood sugars!  I have cut back immensely but because of that ability to alert to low blood sugars I can now at least compete on a smaller scale!  I still try to make sure someone is with me when I travel out of town or go on long trips but my freedom to do what I want is important to me. 

IMG_3545 

So is this dog!  From the look of it  he feels the same way!

IMG_3612

John Hafner_30 (this picture by John Hafner)

John Hafner_34 (this picture by John Hafner)

I AM HONORED AND HUMBLED!

1 comment:

  1. I love your last pic, it summarizes that very special relationship you two have.
    Missed seeing you two last weekend at Thanksgiving Point.

    ReplyDelete